Monday, January 28, 2013

mudroom makeover


Our home has a small hallway with a built-in bench right off of the garage.  I've had plans for a while (three years) to hang hooks, buy baskets, paint the bench, etc. but that's all they've been, plans.  Until this weekend!! I'd finally had enough of storing coats on the counter and gloves on the floor and decided to hang some darn hooks.  I couldn't find any pre-mounted board/hook sets that had 8 hooks on them and looked decent and durable, so I knew I needed to diy it.  As much as I want to be a "diy"-er I can honestly say that most of the time, at least in this phase of life, I do not enjoy the process. Something as simple as mounting hooks on a wall turns into 4 home depot trips and lots of last minute head scratching, not to mention entire nap times taken up by projects when I'd rather be napping too.  Anyway, after all that, I'm very happy with how it turned out and think it will make our home feel less cluttered.  I took the kids out this morning and afterward, the boys hung up their own coats instead of throwing them on the floor.  Glorious!!

this is where i put everything before.

here's our hallway/bench before this weekend




And here's the start of our "MUDROOM!"

I plan to add a mirror, some baskets and a fun runner/rug and call it a day.

1 comment: